With much fun and hilarity, MC David Downs guided the guests through an evening of many jokes and smart remarks, where celebrities and lawyers were pitted against one another to convince the audience whether or not NZ should become the 7th state of Australia.
Whilst there were many laughs to be had, we could not forget the reason we were there, to raise money for the STEPS A mental health programme in Intermediate Schools, which is being led by our amazing Waitematā mental health team, Marinoto.
STEPS A is an evidence-based, preventative programme designed to equip children aged 11-13 with the tools they need to deal with their emotions and build resilience.
- 23% of our young people in NZ have suffered with depression
- Half of mental health conditions start before the age of 12
- Among 10-14 year olds in Auckland, there is a hospitalisation for intentional self harm every four days
- 6% of young people in NZ have attempted suicide
- NZ has the worst youth mental health statistics in the OECD
There is still a brand new Volkswagen T-Cross up for grabs! The event raffle, raising money for this vitally needed programme, will close on 9 June and you need to be in it to win it!
- Tickets are $50 each or 5 for $200
- The winner will drive away in a brand new Volkswagen T-Cross R-Line is worth $46,490
- ‼️Purchase your ticket today ‼️
- Tickets can be purchased online HERE
Our impact is only made possible through the following incredibly generous organisations: